1. Introduction and Scope
We do not provide services to persons outside of the United States of America (USA), and the Sites are intended for use only by persons in the USA. If you access the Sites from outside the USA, you do so voluntarily and understand that information collected on this site, including information that you submit, is maintained and processed in the USA. By submitting your personal information to us on this site, you agree to the maintenance, processing, transfer, and storage of your information in the USA.
2. Minors, and Children Under the Age of Thirteen (13)
The Services do not target anyone under eighteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), do not use or provide any information through the Services. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under that age of thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
4. Information We Collect About You
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, visitor or device (“personal information”). In particular, we collect (and have collected within the last 12 months) the following categories of personal information from consumers and visitors to this Site:
Identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, telephone and fax number, account name, or other similar identifiers.
Contact information and background information such as name, signature, address, or telephone number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other similar network activity, including browsing history, search history, Internet service provider (ISP), language, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, and other information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Professional or employment related information such as current or past job history or performance evaluations, education history, and resumes.
Groundworks may use non-personal and non-identifiable (anonymized) summarized, derived, or aggregate information in any manner to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Sensitive personal information including social security numbers, may be collected from applicants if requested on the employment application and the applicant voluntarily provides it. If you submit an employment application with us and share your employment history and social security number, we will collect and process your employment history and social security number as set forth below.
We will not ask you to submit other sensitive information, such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, mental or physical health, sexual orientation, or citizenship or immigration status, genetic or biometric information, financial account numbers, health information, employment history, social security numbers, drivers’ license number, and payment card numbers, through the Services. If you decide to voluntarily disclose this information, you consent to its use and disclosure. Please be aware that we cannot ensure the privacy and security of this information.
Groundworks may use non-personal and non-identifiable (anonymized) summarized, derived, or aggregate information in any manner to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
5. Sources of Information
Groundworks obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following sources:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate the Services, which may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies; and
- when you connect with social media through the Services. The Services may offer you the ability to use Instagram, Facebook or other social media services in conjunction with certain Services. When you access the Services through your Instagram, Facebook or other Social Media account, we may, depending on your privacy settings, have access to information that you have provided to the Social Media platform.
If you submit an employment application with us and share your employment history and social security number, we will collect and process your employment history and social security number as set forth below.
A. Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information that you provide to us directly, including:
- information that you provide when you interact with the Services including (i) filling in forms or posting material; (ii) requesting our services; (iii) participating in contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions sponsored by us; and (iv) reporting problems;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and mobile phone numbers), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- your search queries on and use of the Websites and other Services.
Groundworks also collects personal information when you apply for a position with us. The personal information we collect about you will vary by context and may include:
- Your name and contact details;
- Your professional background;
- Company name;
- Your stated and inferred interests; and
- Your resume
You also may provide information by publishing or displaying it on public areas of the Social Media Pages or Authorized Links, or by transmitting it to other users of the Social Media Pages, Authorized Links, or third parties. All comments, content and materials you post or transmit on or through the Social Media Pages or Authorized Links and/or that you provide to us or our affiliates through other means, such as electronic communications, are collectively referred to herein as “User Contributions”. Your User Contributions are published, posted, and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites or Social Media Pages with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
B. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the Sites and Social Media Pages, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites and/or and Social Media Pages;
- session data such as mouse movements, scrolling, clicks, and keyboard strokes through session replay technology (this technology records a user’s actions when they visit the Site); heatmaps; and other technology;
- information about your computer equipment, software and/or internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may be aggregated and not specifically identified with your name, but we also may maintain it or associate it with your name and other personal information that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
Use of these technologies helps us to improve the Websites and/or Social Media Pages and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- better market our services;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your navigation; and
- recognize you when you return to the Websites.
We also use this information to analyze trends, administer the Sites, diagnose technical problems, derive each user’s approximate location, perform audits, and conduct security and fraud monitoring and detection.
C. Information Third Parties Provide About You
6. Online Tracking
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (DNT) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. The Services currently do not respond to Do Not Track Signals. Many other websites and applications do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit http://donottrack.us/. Other third-party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. These third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Please note that we use the following services which may track your use of our Sites. By continuing your use of our Sites without opting out of such tracking you consent to the tracking and collection of data.
Our Sites use plug-ins from the YouTube site operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
We are not responsible for the content, the security or the privacy practices employed by other sites. Such third-party sites are not under our control, and we do not endorse or make any representation regarding any information, software, or other materials on such third-party sites. Access and use of these sites is at your own risk.
When you visit one of our pages equipped with a YouTube plug-in, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. This tells the YouTube server which of our pages you have visited.
If you are logged into your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to assign your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
We may send you commercial and advertising emails from time to time. You can opt-out of receiving these emails by following the instructions to unsubscribe at the bottom of the email. This opt-out applies to commercial and advertising emails only, does not impact online or digital advertising that does not rely on your email address, and does not apply to emails that we may send to you primarily regarding your account or transactions with us.
7. Text Messaging and Alerts – Opting In and Out
By submitting your telephone number on any of our Sites, you expressly consent (opt-in) to receiving marketing and informational texts and calls, including without limitation auto-dialed or pre-recorded messages, to the telephone numbers that you provide, including any mobile telephone number, by us or others on our behalf. Such messages may include responses to your requests for information on the Services, appointment and account status and reminders, alerts, fraud prevention or investigation efforts, and/or information about promotions, new products and events. We also may provide you with other opportunities to opt-in to receiving such text messages on the mobile phone number(s) you have shared with us. We will not contact you via text messages or alerts for marketing purposes without your prior affirmative consent.
You do not have to opt-in to text messages and alerts to use the Services, to receive a quote or to make purchases. If you opt-in, standard messaging and data rates may apply. You can always opt-out of text messages by replying STOP and can adjust the settings on your mobile device to turn off push notifications. For more information regarding our text messaging and alerts, please contact us the email or number set forth in the “Contact Information” section below.
8. How We Use Your Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- to provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry;
- to administer, contact you about, or contact anyone you have selected about contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions sponsored by us for which you choose to participate;
- to provide advertising and marketing services, except for cross-context behavioral advertising;
- to send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- to send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- for testing, research, analysis, and technical and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, mobile applications, products, and services;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to assess and manage risk;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceeding;
- to facilitate internal audits, dispute resolution and investigations;
- to keep records of transactions;
- for business continuity and disaster recovery;
- as described to you when collecting your personal information;
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Groundworks’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Groundworks about our Website users is among the assets transferred, in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws;
- to enforce applicable policies;
- to notify you about changes to the Company, the Websites, or any products or services we offer or provide through it; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ services that may be of interest to you. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information.
Groundworks may use or disclose sensitive personal information collected on this Site to evaluate you for employment (if you apply for a position with us), to detect security incidents, to resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at the business, or to perform services on behalf of Groundworks, such as analytic services and similar services.
9. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers to process your personal information for a specific business purpose, such as to help us provide our services to you, to deliver to you the product that you selected, or to protect or improve our Sites. These service providers include service fulfillment companies and fraud detection, security, and technical support providers. As noted above, Google Analytics and Postie, have access to certain information about your use of the Website for purposes of providing analytics to us. We may also disclose your personal information for a business purpose to our contractors, including professional advisors and insurers.
Your personal information may be used or stored in the USA or other countries by our service providers. We require that our service providers safeguard your personal information. However, your personal information could be subject to the laws of the country in which it is stored.
We also disclose your personal information (and sensitive personal information if applicable) with the following categories of third parties:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or the Services;
- to third parties in order to perform services requested or functions initiated by users;
- to identify a user in connection with communications sent through the Services;
- to users to share information with friends and other users through the Services;
- to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials, including to let you know about upcoming events;
- to improve the Site, marketing endeavors or our product and service offerings;
- to serve you specific content that we believe is relevant to you; to identify you as a customer and to identify your product and service preferences, including providing personalized content and ads and informing you of new or additional products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the legitimate purpose related to our business for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to address misuse of the Services (including without limitation unauthorized access to any system, spamming, denial of service attacks or similar attacks), or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety;
- to defend against legal claims; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Groundworks, our customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
By using a Website or other Services, you consent to the disclosure to others as described in this policy.
We do not knowingly disclose your personal information to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
10. Retaining Personal Information
Our intent is to not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information, and in most cases we use the purpose for which we collected the personal information to determine the length of time that we need to retain it. In some instances, such as when required by law or authorized by you, we may retain the information for a longer period.
In general, we will retain your personal information:
a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
b. if we believe that the personal information may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
c. to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We will destroy, erase, or make anonymous personal information as soon as it is not required to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it. We will take due care when destroying personal information to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
11. Data Security
We have implemented reasonable measures on our Sites that are designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Social Media Pages or Authorized Links. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to or through the Services. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. By using any Website or other Services, you acknowledge and accept these risks.
12. California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light Law,” (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
13. Contact Information
1741 Corporate Landing Parkway
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
CCPA Data Request
15. Complaints, Issues, and Dispute Resolution
16. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us at the email provided above to request access to or correction of information you have provided us. Please allow a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or would cause the information to be incorrect.